AI tools such as ChatGPT are becoming more widely used especially as marketing tools for businesses. Examples of AI being used in this way include chatbots to handle customer or potential customer queries and using a tool such as ChatGPT or one of its alternatives: Twain, ChatSonic for copy and content writing.
Like any other tool, there are benefits and disadvantages of using AI to help you with your marketing. This article will go through some of those to help you decide if it’s going to be a useful tool for you.
Using ChatBots for Customer Service
Over a third of businesses now use chatbots to assist with lead generation so what are the pros and cons of using these bots to handle customer queries?
Pros of Using ChatBots for Customer Service
- They provide round-the-clock customer service and instant support.
- Answers can be provided for most simple queries at super-fast speeds. This is why in this circumstance nearly three-quarters of people prefer to deal with a Bot.
- They save your business money by not needing so many human customer service agents.
- They can improve sales; businesses that use chatbots have reported increases in sales of over 60%.
- When used alongside other tools such as our Web Traffic Revealer it can be honed to your website visitors’ needs.
Cons of Using ChatBots for Customer Service
- Many people will still prefer to deal with a real human especially if their enquiry is complex or involves a problem.
- Used inappropriately they can dissolve trust between you and your customers rather than increase it. Examples of this are:
1) not having a real human backup when your customer wants it
2) Trying to pretend that your ChatBot is a real human. Your customers aren’t stupid, that gives the message that you think they are.
- Less than a quarter of people have favourable impressions of ChatBots (probably due to the above points) so, if you are going to use one, you are going to have to work hard to turn that around.
Using AI to Generate Copy and Content
Since the end of 2022, this is being talked about as the new big thing. It has also generated lots of conversations about whether it will make content and copywriters obsolete because AI like ChatGPT, ChatSonic and YouChat is, when used properly, very effective.
Pros of Using AI to Generate Copy and Content
- It can research topics extremely fast.
- Using AI to create a copy or content framework and then editing it yourself means that you can inject some of your brand voice.,
- Great for businesses who can’t currently afford to invest in a content and copywriter but lack confidence, skills or time to write their copy themselves.
Cons of Using AI to Generate Copy and Content
- These sorts of AI content generation tools don’t implement SEO strategies well.
- Relying on AI to write and not doing work on it yourself afterwards will mean your writing lacks the personality and brand voice that is so important to build trust and build relationships with your audience and your customers.
- It does lack originality. This type of generated content won’t show how you and your business are different from the rest and that’s what makes customers come to you rather than your competition.
Should You Use AI for Marketing Your Business?
AI has its place in businesses both large and small and can save you time and money when used effectively.
But overreliance on AI can be worse than simply not being effective, it can actually damage those all-important relationships with your customers.
If you need extra help with any aspect of marketing your business get in touch with us at Approved Business. We’ve helped over 120,000 businesses and we’d like to help yours too.