At Approved Business we are all about effective and easy business solutions. With that in mind, we have compiled this brief but comprehensive guide with the best tips on creating and increasing your internet presence.
Don’t worry if you are already feeling a bit lost, we’ll start with the basics; such as what exactly is internet presence? Before we get into the top tips for growing your business’s online presence.
What’s Internet Presence?
You could have the best products or services in the world but that doesn’t matter if no one knows about you and your business.
That’s why having a strong online presence in 2024 is essential for your business.
Having an internet presence ensures that everyone who wants and needs what you offer knows about you and that when they start their research – which over 80% will do online – your business is one of the first, if not the first, one that they see.
Having a strong online presence also helps build your credibility and fosters trust in your expertise and authority.
Get a Well-Designed Website For a Strong Internet Presence
Think a low-budget website is a savvy business choice or that you can ‘do it yourself’? Think again. According to Verisign, ‘77% of people think that a website makes a business appear more credible’. You need a well-designed and user-friendly website. This means it should be:
- Optimised for all devices (don’t lose customers who are researching on their phones)
- Visually appealing – make good use of pictures, videos and colours.
- Fast loading speed – as many as 40% of people will not wait longer than 3 seconds for a page to load. This means your images and videos need to be fully optimised, your web hosting service needs to be efficient and you shouldn’t overdo the plugins.
- On brand – stick to your business colours, logos, fonts, voice and tone.
Have Active Social Media Pages to Grow Your Internet Presence
According to research, the average person spends around 2.5 hours of their day on social media. But, ‘people on social media aren’t always looking to buy my products or services’ you might be thinking. And, you’re right – they’re not. However, seeing your informative, entertaining posts, your thoughtful comments, and your business name and logo popping up every time you ‘like’ something makes you familiar to your future customers. So, when they ARE looking you will be top of mind and THAT is what building your online presence on social media is all about.
If you don’t know which social media platforms are for you or need some tips to get the most out of each one, there are plenty more articles on our blog with tips about each one from Facebook and LinkedIn to Instagram and YouTube.
Using SEO to Boost Your Online Visibility
By optimising your website and your social media with SEO you make it more likely that people will find you when they search for your products and services.
There are a few simple SEO tips that will boost your online presence.
- Use keywords in your content creation; these are the words and phrases that people seeking businesses like yours will commonly search for. By including them in your content search engines such as Google will be more likely to give you a higher SERP (search engine results page) ranking, meaning you’ll be nearer the top. You can find a selection of keyword tools online such as Moz or Semrush.
- Link building – ensuring there are links to your site from other reputable sites; online directories are excellent for this as is writing guest blog posts for other businesses in your sector. But creating links within your own site is very useful too and a blog like this one is a great place to do so. Surprisingly, adding links to other websites that aren’t your own is also a great way to build credibility.
- Understand your audience – you need to know WHO is looking for you to understand how to help them find you.
- Look at how your SEO is currently with this free SEO analysis tool from Approved Business.
Go and Get Visible!
I’m sure we have given you plenty to think about and plenty to do and if you do it right – it’s going to give you even more to do as you watch your customers roll in and your sales increase.
But, if it has left you feeling a little overwhelmed and you’re not sure where to start, take a look at our services and we’ll help you get started.