What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is about utilising one of the top 3 marketing channels there is and reaching out to the potential customers among email users worldwide, of which there are over 4 billion.
In collecting the email addresses of people who may be interested in your products or services or those who have previously purchased them you get a direct line to their eyes and ears and enables you to promote new products or services, inform them of special offers, build trust and brand awareness and keep them warm. Warm leads are always more likely to convert than cold.
Benefits of Email Marketing
Email marketing has excellent conversion rates. This is because your customers are already warm. They have already signed up and already given you their email address which is a gift you should treasure. This means that they are already interested in you, your business and what you are selling.
Email Marketing: Where Do I Start?
The first place to start is to build your list. That is a list of email addresses of your prospective, current or former clients and customers.
To do this you will need to create a form where people can subscribe, opt-in or sign up to your email list. There are regulatory requirements including letting people know how they can unsubscribe and allowing them to do so at any time. You must also ensure you adhere to data protection laws with regards to harvesting, storing and using people’s data including their names and email addresses.
As well as your form you will also need a lead magnet, which draws people in and usually offers them something in return for their email address.
What Can You Use As a Lead Magnet?
Email Marketing Tips
- Before you start get a good idea of who your ideal customers are. Think about demographics: age, geographical location, income, industry and psychographics: their wants, their needs, their pain points, and dreams.
- Make your lead magnet relevant to your ideal customers. Provide value. Ensure your lead magnet offers a solution to the kind of problem your ideal customer faces or takes them a step closer to their dream.
- Make sure your lead magnet does lead them to your paid solution – it is the bridge that takes them to your product or service.
- Make your lead magnet easily accessible, in a useful format and easy for your customer to consume. For example, if it is a printable guide – go easy on the graphics (they won’t thank you for using up all their ink!), if it is a document or workbook make it a PDF.
- Don’t neglect the opt-in form itself – make it eye-catching and exciting but keep it simple; loads of questions will scare your prospects away just an email address and a first name are enough.
- Use a double confirmation. People like that you double-check if they want to opt-in. It helps to build trust between you and your customers.
- Say thank you! Remember that someone has gifted you with something precious; their email address so a thank you lets them know you appreciate that.
- This may sound obvious but check that it all works yourself – go through the whole process to ensure that the form, lead magnet and any/all links all do what they are supposed to do.
Make it Easy
If you want to give email marketing a try to make the most of this lucrative channel but this is all sounding a little overwhelming get in touch with us at Approved Business. We provide email marketing packages to suit every business without the hassle.